Endowment Seeks VP-Community Development
The U.S. Endowment for Forestry and Communities, Inc. (Endowment) invites applications and nominations for the position of Vice President-Community Development. The VP-Community Development will serve as program specialist in developing and implementing the Endowment’s mission as it relates to aiding in systemic, transformative and sustainable change in timber-dependent communities across the United States.
Qualifications and Experience Desired
- A reputation for honesty and integrity in all professional and personal dealings;
- A desire to positively impact forests and timber-reliant communities to ensure that they are diverse, healthy and sustainable;
- Significant and measurable accomplishments in community development in the U.S. or Canada;
- Demonstrated administrative and leadership abilities including complex collaborations with multiple entities;
- Demonstrated ability to interact at many levels with a wide array of constituent groups including business and industry; federal, state and local agencies and/or branches of government; volunteer and professional organizations; and not-for-profits;
- Demonstrated ability to be a strong and positive contributor in a team environment;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in natural resources, community or economic development or equivalent field (Masters or Ph.D. preferred);
- At least 7 years of professional experience in relevant work; and
- Willingness to travel domestically and with relative frequency.
Screening of applications will begin in January 2007. The successful candidate would begin work on or about April 1.
Submission of Information
Applications should include a cover letter that addresses the applicant’s credentials, relevant experience and qualifications. Also include name, address, phone number and email of three professional references who can speak to the applicant?s professional and administrative abilities. Email submission of materials as an MS Word or PDF attachment is encouraged. Email submissions should go to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to U.S. Endowment for Forestry & Communities, P.O. Box 2364, Greenville, SC 29602.
The Endowment is an equal-opportunity employer. We value the strengths that a diverse team will yield in helping to achieve our mission.